- This event has passed.
Dharma Day Celebration
January 21, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Dharma Day Celebration is the day to commemorate the enlightenment of Gautama Buddha in Chinese Buddhist Tradition. On the day, Chinese Buddhist temples will make and distribute Laba Porridge, a festive food, to the community. This food reminds us the story of a shepherdess offering milk and rice pudding to the Buddha before his enlightenment.
What Would I Expect?
Service include chanting of Sutra, reciting Buddha Sakyamuni’s name and walking meditation.
Service will be in Chinese, English liturgy will be provided
Before you visit, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the temple grounds.
- Photos and video recordings are not permitted during services and activities. No commercial photography is allowed.
- DO NOT bring meat of any kind or alcohol onto the temple premises.
- Please show respect to the Temple and dress appropriately: no sleeveless shirts/ blouses, tank tops, shorts or short skirts.
- Please prepare to remove your shoes upon entering the Main Shrine.