Drawing on the shared value of community service, the Islamic Foundation of Greater St. Louis and the Jewish Community Relations Council and its Milford and Lee Bohm Social Justice Center are sponsoring the second annual Jewish and Muslim Day of Service on Christmas Day. Volunteers of all backgrounds and faiths are encouraged to sign up to volunteer at one of over 20 community service sites in the St. Louis region on Tuesday, December 25.
The registration website is now open at http://www.stljewishmuslimdayofservice.org. For additional information please contact Gail Wechsler at the JCRC at 314-442-3894 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Toiletry Collection Drive is being held to support some of the sites associated with the Jewish and Muslim Day of Service. Please visit one of these dropoff sites between now and December 16th to donate any size unopened toiletry items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shaving items, deodorant):
- B’nai Amoona, 324 S. Mason Road, 63141
- Central Reform Congregation, 5020 Waterman, 63108
- Daar UI Islam Mosque, 517 Weidman Road, 63011
- United Hebrew Congregation, 13788 Conway Rd, 63017
- Shaare Emeth, 11645 Ladue Rd, 63141
- Temple Emanuel, 12166 Conway Road, 63131
- Temple Israel, #1 Rabbi Alvan Rubin Dr
Five Star Senior Center – Meal Delivery
This is the 12th year that interfaith volunteers have supported this effort. Five Star Meal Delivery is one of 20 community service locations of the Jewish and Muslim Day of Service and is the location where Faith Beyond Walls has traditionally sent volunteers. Please register if you wish to participate this year and deliver meals to homebound senior citizens and disabled clients on Christmas Day at the same link as above: www.stljewishmuslimdayofservice.org.
The time requirement is typically no more than two hours. Food is prepared and packaged prior to volunteers arriving. We will not do any cooking.
Each car will receive a map, list of addresses, and meals to deliver. 2 people per car preferable: one to drive and one to look at the map. Directions are below. Parking is available across the street at the funeral home.
Please plan to arrive at 9:30 am.
Five Star Senior Center
Arrival Time: 9:30am
Directions from I-64W: take the Jefferson exit #38c. Veer right on S. Jefferson. Bear right on Gravois. Bear left on Oregon. Turn right on arsenal. Five star is on the corner of Oregon and arsenal. Five Star will be on your left.
From I-44E: take the Jefferson exit #289. Turn right on S. Jefferson. Bear right on Gravois. Bear left on Oregon. Turn right on arsenal. Five star is the corner of Oregon and arsenal. Five Star will be on your left.
From I-55S: take the arsenal exit #206c. Turn right on arsenal. Five Star will be on your left. If you get to Gravois, you have gone too far.
Supporting Organizations of the Day of Service
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Eastern Missouri and its Muslim Task Force
- American Jewish Congress, St. Louis Chapter
- Bais Abraham Congregation
- Brith Sholom Kneseth Israel (BSKI)
- Central Reform Congregation
- Congregation B’nai Amoona
- Congregation Shaare Emeth
- Congregation Temple Israel
- Moishe House
- National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW)-Saint Louis Section
- NextDor St. Louis
- Shia Islamic Education Center
- Saint Louis Jewish Community Center
- Temple Emanuel
- United Hebrew Congregation
- Young Professionals Division (YPD) of the Saint Louis Jewish Federation